n the build up for The Island we managed to grab an interview with some of the cast members. The following interview is with actor Wela Mbusi, who is playing the role of Winston and has generously given us a bit of his time to answer the burning questions that we've been itching to ask him and to share not only with us but with you, our audience, a little insight of the production he's involved with.
- What was the first performance you were involved with. What was your role?
Whose life is it anyway? I played a doctor on stage in the West End, Comedy Theatre, with Peter Hall.
- What's been the best performance you’ve been involved in?
The Royal Shakespeare Company, because I got to play an array of characters, it was full on! Eight plays back to back in the London Roundhouse and Stratford-upon-Avon.
- What inspired you to do what you do?
I was inspired to act, as I love telling stories, instead of just reading them, seeing a story come to life.
- What's the best name for a dragon?
- If you could have a superpower what would it be?
8. Best flavour ice cream?
It has to be Rum and Raisin.
9. What's the last book you read?
10. Last place you went for a holiday?
11. What's your dream car?
12. What new skill would you like to learn?
13. Worst fashion item ever?
14. How many languages can you say hello in?
Five different languages.
15. What would you tell your 13 year old self?
16. What would you say about The Island to others?
The Island is a story about friendship, about growing with a friend and about love.
17. Describe The Island in three words.
Political, brutal and honest.
For information on tickets please follow the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-island-at-pill-mill-tickets-51103329434