ooking for something quick and easy to amuse the children this Easter weekend? Why not get them making a batch of Chocolate Easter Nests? It takes about half an hour and the result is a dozen tasty treats: perfect for sharing.
You’ll need a 12 cup bun tin and paper cupcake cases.
200g of milk chocolate, broken into pieces
85g of crushed shredded wheat
A large bag of mini chocolate eggs
- Line the bun tin with the paper cases.
- Crush the shredded wheat in a medium sized bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water.
- Pour the chocolate over the shredded wheat and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the chocolate wheat into 12 cupcake cases and press the back of a teaspoon in the centre to create a nest shape.
- Place mini chocolate eggs into each nest. Chill the nests in the fridge for 2 hours until set.